Eric is a Secondary School Teacher & Assistant Principal in St Munchins College, Corbally. Having moved to Limerick in the mid-90s to study in the University of Limerick, he completed from his post-graduate studies in 2001. Eric is originally from Castleisland in Co. Kerry, his family were self-employed in the Baking & Retail industry and are steeped in Kerry football.
Eric wore the Kerry Jersey with pride for his county underage and continued to play for his home club, Castleisland Desmonds, until retirement from the game. He plays Badminton to the highest levels, having represented Ireland underage and continuing to play for his county and province. Eric’s role as a teacher has seen him volunteer in many sports over the years, he is the gamesmaster in St Munchins College and is a member of the Munster Schools Rugby Committee.
With a young family, Eric is conscious of the pressures on families and aims to place a lot of his time into making his community a better place to live, he also takes a keen interest in education matters and is frequently on local and national media offering his insights on the education topics. Education is a field that every single citizen of the state interacts with for a sizable period of time in their life, it must be accommodating and functioning for all its stakeholders; students, parents, teachers, staff and managements, this is a theme Eric will focus on and will seek to highlight in his professional life.
Eric will be working hard on the ground to represent the constituents in Castletroy & Annacotty, and fight for the issues that most matter to them.
Articles and Media
- An interview on Limerick Today about teacher staff shortages
- A Newstalk interview about single sex schools
- An interview on the Niall Boylan show about single sex schools
- Limerick sees highest number of arrests for sexual assaults in 2022
- Graduate Entry Medical School Loans
- Limerick medical students will be hit by loan cessation
- Out on a LimEric
- Wasted spend on HEPA filters
- Local radio and newspaper coverage on a footpath issue
- Teacher shortage due to covid on Newstalk
- Minimum alcohol pricing on Niall Boylan
- Radio interview about grant applications for students estranged from their parents
- Antisocial behaviour interview
- The problem of student parental estrangement
- Cancer Treatment Insurance Lottery – Eric Nelligan Aontú
Contact detailsPhone: 0872296240
Please click on the images below