Stop MLA Salaries If They Refuse To Do Their Job - 314 signed
I, the undersigned, demand that salaries for MLAs are suspended until the formation of a working Executive.
After crashing the Executive before the election, the DUP are now ignoring the democratic will of the people and are preventing the formation of a new Executive. They are doing this when:
- More than 650,000 people in the North live in either relative or absolute poverty.
- People are suffering from a cost-of-living crisis.
- Across the North, there are over 44,000 people on social housing waiting lists.
- Meanwhile, over 4,200 people are homeless.
- 260,000 people are on Hospital Waiting Lists for more that one year.
- The British Government seek an Amnesty for crimes against innocent people during the Troubles.
- An extreme abortion regimen has been imposed on the North.
This is unjust, undemocratic and intolerable. The DUP leader refuses to even take up the seat he ran for in the Assembly Elections. No political party should be allowed to hold the people to ransom in such a manor.
If MLAs refuse to do their jobs, they should not be paid. It is outrageous to think that some MLAs will seek to get paid while refusing to do their job.
Aontú ran as the party of political reform and accountability: that begins with ensuring MLAs doing their jobs.
Aontú Deputy Leader & Cllr for Mid Ulster, Denise Mullen