Save Our Services - 22 signed
For the attention of the Chief Executive of Cork City Council and the Superintendent, Anglesea Garda Station.
The importance of local services cannot be underestimated, not only for the local area but to reduce pressure on services in bigger and more central areas.
It is for this reason that we in Aontú and your representative Becky Kealy protest the closure of the fire service in Ballincollig and demand improved funding for the local Garda station.
I, the undersigned, am requesting the retention of a fire service in Ballincollig and an upgrade of the service level in Ballincollig Garda station.
- Well Done Becky Kealy for standing up for our communities.
Too much is being taken away from us so politicians can fly business class
- I know of a family who had a kitchen fire in Ballincollig that was attended by the City Station!!
- My cousins live close to Ballincollig, with the population and traffic vital that the station is kept.
- Retaining our Fire Station in Ballincollig is essential for the safety of our residents. The Ballincollig Firestation not only tackles fires but traffic accidents and river rescues. It also serves the surrounding areas. It is a vital service for the West of the City and County
- Ballincollig desperately needs to retain its fire service. There would be valuable time list waiting for services from the city centre.