End the DUP Veto on Democratic Institutions - 62 signed
I, the undersigned, demand the end to the DUP veto on democratic intuitions in the north of Ireland. I oppose the right of any party to block democratically elected representatives working to fix the ‘cost of living’ crisis, the health crisis, the housing crisis and all the other severe challenges facing the people of the north.
The DUP achieved just 0.7% of the 2019 Westminster election vote, yet their intransigence has erased the democratic institutions in the north of Ireland, led to political chaos in London for 7 years and has poured poison into EU/British relationships.
All the while the north of Ireland is drifting along in political and economic chaos. Budgets for public services are on the floor and we are in the grip of Spring of discontent with much of the Public Service on strikes. Staff recruitment and retention in public services is becoming increasingly difficult. This is leading to the closure of services in Enniskillen, Daisy Hill and Causeway Coast Hospitals. All of this is being ignored by a political class in paralysis.
The British and Irish government’s must not allow the Executive to remain shut any longer. The DUP veto must be ended. Stormont must be reformed, and elected representatives must get about fixing the many crises besetting the people.
- End theDUP boycott
- End the DUP veto.
- The secretary of state needs to do what Peter Hain did in 2007 give them an ultimatum ,get back to work by a deadline date or loose their salaries .
- They will never change wont take orders of sein fein
- One party should not hold us to randsom
- The DUP should lose their MLA pay if they don't return to the Assembly
- Ridiculous that one party holds power over the rest. We need stormont up and running before it's too late.
- They just want to be deputy to Sinn Fein! Simple as!
- It's not right that because one party got the hump that the whole process gets shut down. If they don't want to take part just proceed without them
- It's time for the DUP and other politicians to go back to work. People are suffering with cost of living, hospital queues, lack if healthcare and government decisions while politicians still get paid. End this now.
- No party should be able to claim wages & not be in work. They should all be repaying every penny. Half of the last decade spent getting paid for nothing. Nor should any single party be able to hold everyone else to ransom. Enough!
- They need to draft in the next biggest party of that identity or of no identity.
Changes needed to GFA to make it happen.
- Well over due
- Get it sorted
- Get them out
- Totally agree
- No Political Party should be allowed to hold the democratic institutions to ransom.